Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Blackbaud for K-5 progress reports

Posted 03-08-2022 05:20 PM
    Hello all,
    We are in the process of migrating to using Blackbaud for our K-5 progress reports. We currently use it for our middle and upper school so this will help us streamline and standardize. Is anyone else already using BB for this and if so can we connect? I have some questions in regards to the ability to have a separate "template" for each grade level and also the use of "transferrable skills". As a side note- I am not the BB manager, but have been working with the teachers and principals to determine their needs and I need to know and understand what is possible. Thanks in advance!
    #ITSystemsandSupport

------------------------------
    Angela Mackenzie
    Director of Educational Technology and Library; Computer Science Dept. Chair
    St Margaret's Episcopal School

• 2.  RE: Blackbaud for K-5 progress reports

Posted 03-09-2022 11:59 AM
    Angela,
    I am not sure I can help you.
    We use BB and have report cards for various grades.  In our LS we have various translation tables and many different Grading Plans due to the assessment grading they use. We are not using the transferable grades, right now at least. Setting up the assessment grading for each grade and each course was tedious but once set it is done and able to be modified if necessary.  We have report cards for grades 1-3, grades 4-5, grades 6-8 and one for grades 9-12.

Reach out if you think I can help.

Beverly Byrd
    Visitation Academy

• 3.  RE: Blackbaud for K-5 progress reports

Posted 03-10-2022 12:12 PM
    I have a different template for each grade 1-5. As Beverly said you will have to build out the grade translations, the assessment criteria, and then the templates. Once that is done maintaining assuming no major changes should be not too bad. I have never used transferable grades so not sure on that.

Brian Hoyt
    French American School of Puget Sound

• 4.  RE: Blackbaud for K-5 progress reports

Posted 03-10-2022 12:16 PM
    Hi Angela,

Like Beverly, we use BB reports for our entire school (Toddler-Sixth Grade). We have a separate template for each grade level due to the layout we wanted. The setup was tedious, but easily managed now. We do use the transferrable grades for our 4th-6th grades.

Happy to chat with you as is our registrar, Natalie Kingsbury.

Kirstin

Kirstin McDonald
    System Administrator
    The Center For Early Education

• 5.  RE: Blackbaud for K-5 progress reports

Posted 03-22-2022 01:31 PM
    Hi Kirsten.  I am working with Angela in setting up the report cards in Blackbaud.  I would love to talk with you and/or Natalie about the setup in Blackbaud.  I have setup some basic competency skills and we are interested in using the transferable skills.  Please let me know what times will work for you.  Thanks!
    Lynn Ozonian

Lynn Ozonian
    Director of Technology and Innovation
    St. Margarets Episcopal School