Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  E-Rate

Posted 03-18-2022 10:02 AM
    I was wondering if anyone in the United States takes advantage of E-Rate at their schools. I recently discovered that our ISP Comcast is charging us significantly more per month because we are not using E-Rate.

I came from a school that used E-Rate and know all the advantages of the program, however that school was a 100% Free and Reduced Lunch program school vs. my current school which will likely be 1-10% eligible.

Thanks,

Chris

#General

------------------------------
    Chris Wozniak
    Director of Technology and Information Systems
    AWTY INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL

• 2.  RE: E-Rate

Posted 03-18-2022 10:19 AM
    I'm new to the Tech Director role and just completed my first fiscal year of eRate. We have a low percentage of families that qualify as low income, but we still received 50% off Category 1 and 2 services. I was told by another Tech Director to use a consultant to make sure it's done correctly. We pay the consultant a fee + percentage of the awarded funds and it was worth every penny. I wear a lot of hats, and there's no way I could have done the filing myself. We used eRate Program LLC, and my first year was very successful! You can email me at bemge@millsprings.org if you have more specific questions.

Brittany Emge
    Mill Springs Academy

• 3.  RE: E-Rate

Posted 04-06-2022 09:38 AM
    Thank you for your repsonses!

Chris Wozniak
    Director of Technology and Information Systems
    AWTY INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL

• 4.  RE: E-Rate

Posted 03-21-2022 09:53 AM
    Hi Chris,
    Our school has low eligibility but we provide financial assistance to students.  They look at private schools a little different. We have to provide information regarding the financial assistance and we have been able to receive 40% off.  Again, not sure of the rules  but I know the lowest a school can get is 20%.  It is worth looking into. 
    We use an organization to keep up to date with the forms needs and due dates.  Our fees for that is based on what we get back and our enrollment numbers.  It is worth it to me and we are a pretty small school - enrollment under 600.

Bev Byrd
    Visitation Academy
    St. Louis, MO

Beverly Byrd
    Visitation Academy