Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  RE: Introduce Yourself

Posted 07-26-2021 06:19 PM

Hello from the ATLIS 2021 retreat in Seattle. I'm Russ's Curtis from Synergy School in San Francisco. I've been Director of Technology nearly 15 years at this 200 student TK-8 school. I'm the school's first DoT.

Synergy is unusual in the sphere of independent schools, it doesn't have a Head of School. It functions as a teacher driven educational co-operative, where our three main administrators also are also half-time teachers. The school is located in the heart of the culturally dynamic Mission District. It will celebrate its 50th year in 2023. 

The school is 1:1 MacBooks in grades 4-8 with about 50 shared iPads distributed throughout the school. Most TK-3 classes our very much in the Montessori model, and only get limited screen time.

Our key apps helping us getting through the COVID pandemic: Zoom, ParentSquare, BigSIS, Flipgrid and Vimeo.

For a one person department, ATLIS has been a remarkable conduit to learn and stay connected to the every changing EDU tech arena. I'm looking forward to more sharing in Orlando in May 2022.

#General

------------------------------
    Russ Curtis
    Director of Technology
    Synergy School
    ------------------------------