Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Academic Technology plan(ning)

Posted 02-07-2022 01:31 PM
    Hi all, 

Creating an Academic Technology Plan is something that I have been tasked with to dovetail with the accreditation work we are doing here at through our state association this year. We have never had an Academic Technology Plan and I am curious to understand the process and rationale other folks have used successfully at other schools. I know there are templates that I can use to fill in the information, but I want to use this as an opportunity to gather faculty feedback, scope and sequence the tech skills we expect all students to have and a method for assessing the proficiency of those skills in organic ways (e.g. we don't have a tech class and are not going to have a "tech skills test"). I also hope to use this opportunity to really show how technology can partner with faculty in all disciplines to create this plan. For reference, my school is 9-PG and boarding.
    #TeachingandLearning

------------------------------
    Matthew Norko
    Director of Technology
    Foxcroft School

• 2.  RE: Academic Technology plan(ning)

Posted 02-09-2022 03:54 PM
    Matthew,

I have looked into this a few times in the recent past.  We do not have a formal plan.  It's something that rumbles around in my mind quite a bit, but I don't have the staff to push it forward.  While I was researching this at one point I came across the Technology Integration Matrix developed by the Florida Center for Instructional Technology at the University of South Florida.   Not sure if it will give you what you're looking for, but you may find some value in it.

Susan Fuhs
    Director of Information Technology Services
    Norfolk Academy