Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Building Effective Relationships on Campus

Posted 09-10-2021 03:45 PM
    Happy Friday!

As a recently "retired" Chief Technology Officer and current ATLIS board member, I've been pondering a bit about how I can continue to be of service to the ATLIS and independent school technology leaders community.

Today on my Mindset Matters blog I published this post titled Building Effective Relationships; Part I which is the first post in a larger series around building effective relationships on campus. In this post I focus on tech folks' relationships with their Head of School.

I'd love to hear your feedback and what else you might add to the my Top 10 Takeaways.

Have an amazing weekend and don't forget no one should be left off of your relationship building radar ;-)

Cheers,
    #Leadership

------------------------------
    Jason Ramsden
    Founder & Lead Coach
    The Rosemary James Group
    (Former CIO @ Ravenscroft School, Raleigh, NC)

• 2.  RE: Building Effective Relationships on Campus

Posted 09-17-2021 10:02 AM

That's a great list! I would add 'share the simple things'. Heads have to deal with all the problems, so it can be refreshing for them to hear about everyday things that are going well. This can be about something happening on your team or something great that you witnessed around the school with a teacher, lesson, or student. It's nice to have some positive transactions banked up.

I'm interested to hear what others would add to this list! 

Dr. Ashley Cross
    Director of Membership +
    Access Points Community Manager
    www.theatlis.org
    888-502-8547