Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Standardized Achievement Tests

Posted 03-21-2022 10:37 AM
    Asking the hive mind here - What standardized Achievement test is your school using for secondary students? We have been using Iowa tests but the recent changes to online administration have made them too overwhelming. I have a list from our local IU, but figured before I spend time investigating 7 options I would see what other schools are using.
    Thanks in advance
    Hayley Gunther
    Academy of the New Church
    Bryn Athyn Pennsylvania
    #General

------------------------------
    Hayley Gunther
    Educational Technologist
    Academy of the New Church Secondary Schools

• 2.  RE: Standardized Achievement Tests

Posted 03-21-2022 10:55 AM
    We're not using any here, but at my last school we were using ERBs and the year after I left that school they switched to MAP testing. All of those were administered online. There were the obvious hiccups, but usually just a delay of a few minutes for a student. We never ran into a situation where we couldn't administer the test because of anything tech-related.

Matthew Norko
    Director of Technology
    Foxcroft School

• 3.  RE: Standardized Achievement Tests

Posted 04-08-2022 07:47 AM
    At my current school we use ERB for 3-8th grade. I came in knowing nothing about it. It was my first year here and it was suprisingly a pretty easy process. No issues with the technology part of it. 
    In my previous school (public school) we used MAP for math assessments. I felt like it was a good assessment. We did have periodic issues with resolution on the chromebooks causing issues but it was an easy fix.

Anne Carson
    Cape Fear Academy

• 4.  RE: Standardized Achievement Tests

Posted 04-11-2022 12:31 PM
    We use MAP for grades 3-8; switched from ERB shortly after I started here 7 years ago.  Really like the online aspect, immediate feedback, the fact that the test adapts to the student while they're taking it, and that we can work with families to have their student take it if they're at home while we're administering the test.  I download the summary reports and they're added to the individual student records in our SIS so when report cards are made visible parents can also look at the scores.  Somewhat of a pain when rostering, but I've yet to come across anything that rosters with a .csv that isn't!

Bernadette Shilliam
    Business Office and Technology Coordinator
    Cascades Academy